Saturday, March 17, 2012

Illustrations of Little Red Riding Hood

I had to use this opportunity to post my all time favorite adaption of Little Red Riding Hood starring Bugs Bunny. :)


In this version, with Bugs as the star and focus, LRRH is portrayed as an obnoxious young woman who's off to visit her Grandma to bring her a rabbit. This aspect of the story supports many of the other adaptions of this tale, making it more relatable to the Grimm version however, the Wolf and LRRH's incessant need to recite the "what big eyes, etc."reminded me of Perrault's more satirical version. The idea of the fast talking Wolf running his racket trying to take advantage of a unwitting young woman on her way to grandmothers house was an obvious theme that I think I missed as a small child reading LRRH, but was made well aware of after this weeks readings.


Blanc, Mel and Stalling, Carl "Little Red Riding Rabbit" (1944) Retrieved from http://youtu.be/znQpaTBSja0

No comments:

Post a Comment